Skin Wrinkles: The Causes and How to Prevent Them
Beautiful skin is desired by all the peoples. But as soon as the age increase, skin starts to become loose, which makes skin wrinkled. Aging is inevitable; that is, the process of aging could never be stopped. With aging, the skin losses its elasticity and forms facial wrinkles. But with proper care, the wrinkle could be reduced from the skin; many remedies are available, like SkinDC Botox, to reduce the effect of wrinkles.
What Wrinkle Is?
Normally, when an individual becomes older, or an individual spends a lot of time in the water, the skin can form fold, ridges, and creases in the skin. Wrinkles initially appear at the face due to facial expression, but could also be formed by dehydration, sun damage, medication, smoking, due to genes, or other environmental factors. Skin wrinkles appear on the face, hand, neck, and arms.
Causes of Wrinkles
The lifestyle of an individual could directly affect the skin health of an individual in their old age. Thus, some precautions should be followed at a young age to get healthy and beautiful skin in old age as well, the wrinkles and fine line-free skin. The following mentioned are the causes of wrinkles in the human body:
- With the increase in age, the production of collagen becomes very slow, and thus the skin loses its elasticity as collagen is the product that is used to hold the skin tight.
- With old age, the skin becomes thinner and drier, as well, the layer of skin becomes thin and losses the moisture of the skin. With the loss of moisture, the skin becomes elastic, and thus the dry and thin skins become more prone to the moisture.
- Too much facial expression could also cause wrinkles. Smiling, frowning, and scowling in repeated mode could also cause the facial skin to lose its elasticity. Smiling is often found as beauty standards, but smiling could later cause the wrinkles in the skin as well.
- One another cause of wrinkles could be friction while sleeping. Friction, when applied to the skin while sleeping, could also make skin less elastic and thus making it prone to wrinkles. The wrinkles patterns could be visible more prominently on the side an individual usually sleeps.
- Excessive exposure to the heat, sun, pollution could also be the cause of wrinkles. Because the excessive heat due to the sun damages the skin cell, the face becomes more prone to wrinkles. With the damaged skin cells due to pollution as well, the skin will become less elastic. Due to the exposure of ultraviolet rays, the skin’s fibrous layer gets damaged, and thus, the aging fastens, and the skin becomes less flexible as well.
- One more reason could be the lack of nutrition in the diet. With a lack of proper nutrition and minerals, wrinkles could be formed in the skin easily.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol could also be the cause of excessive wrinkles on the skin. Smoking and consuming alcohol regularly could speed up the aging of the skin by reducing the flow of blood, thus making skin look old beforehand?
- Consumption of sugar more than required by the body could also cause the skin to become more prone to wrinkles.
- Sun tanning and outside activities could also cause the skin to lose its flexibility due to exposure to heat and harmful rays.
- Stretching the skin again and again in younger times could also make the skin lose its flexibility and become less flexible. The collagen breaks by stretching the skin again and again.
Measures of Prevention from Wrinkles
The necessary treatments to reduce the skin wrinkles areas mentioned above:
- Vitamins: vitamin E is best known to fight with skin related problems. Vitamin E makes a protective layer on the skin, making it less prone to harmful ultraviolet rays and other environmental harms. Vitamin E could be directly applied to the skin or could be used by mixing it in regular lotion or face cream as well.
Vitamin C is also known to fight the skin related problem and could be used to fight against the wrinkles and fine lines. It is very important to include vitamins in the diet to reduce the skin related problems.
- Laser treatment: laser treatments are famous for their perfect finish and natural look. Laser treatments are a non-surgical way if reducing wrinkles and fine lines from the face. Another advantage associated with laser treatment is the negligible recovery time; that is, laser treatment has a very fast recovery. Laser treatments work on reduced wrinkles and damaged skin effectively and produce the best possible results.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a very old and effective way to reduce wrinkles of skin majorly used by women of Asian countries. Acupuncture pins are placed on the different acupuncture points all over the face to produce results, reducing wrinkles and damaged skin cells. Acupuncture is an easy way through which the collagen and natural fibrous layer of the skin get regenerated and more flexible and elastic. These beautiful results of rejuvenated skins come due to the sub-stream of acupuncture called cosmetic acupuncture. Acupuncture is one of the best treatments of fine lines and wrinkles without any side effects, and it can easily reduce the deep wrinkles effectively.
- Non-surgical facelifts: in face lifting, the wrinkles are directly targeted to tone them. Non-surgical facelifts, as the name suggests, doesn’t require any surgery but works under micro-currents, which tones the wrinkles and fine lines. With the proper consultation of a cosmetic surgeon, one can go through a non-surgical facelift. A type of famous non-surgical facelift includes Thermage. With a non-surgical facelift, the skin becomes rejuvenating and smooth.
- Face fillers: wrinkles mainly occur due to skin losses its elasticity, to reduce the stretched and wrinkled skin, face fillers are used. Under face fillers, synthetic and collagen fillers are injected inside the mouth to fill the skin. Face fillers are very less expensive and can last up to 12 months depending on the consistency of injections
- Anti-wrinkle creams: there are various anti-wrinkle creams available in the market, which effectively works on the wrinkles. The best product would be the one that provides deep facial wrinkle reduction. Night and day creams differently are available in the market, which could effectively help in the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines as well. But while considering a wrinkle reduction cream, do take care of the skin type of the individual.
- Face washes: the natural face care products could be changed with the anti-aging, anti-wrinkle face masks to get the wrinkle-free skin. The face wash containing anti-oxidants and moisturizes skin is considered best for wrinkle reduction and to regain the elasticity of the skin.
- Chemical peel off masks: several chemical peels off marks are available in the market, which not only helps in peeling out dirt and blackheads with them but helps to get a firm, tight and rejuvenating skin.
- Coconut oil massage: coconut oil is best known for its various cooking and dermatological advantages. Coconut oil, if massaged on the face for 10 minutes a day could help to get tight, elastic and glowing skin. For the best results, it is advised to use virgin coconut oil.
- Face tape: face tape is the temporary solution of wrinkles that could be used for some occasions but not daily. Face tape pulls the skin under the tape due to which the skin becomes elastic, hiding all the wrinkles, fine lines. While using face tape, it becomes very important to cover the face of tape withers with hairs or with any scarf to not to be caught.
Read: Is Honey Good For The Face And Skin?
Other Prevention Measures
- Sleep to position on your back rather than on the face.
- Yoga and exercise can also be helpful.
- Cover hands and face using scarf while going out in exposure to sun and pollution.
- Stay hydrated.
- Moisturize skin time to time
- Take sound sleep of 6 to 8 hours
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
Aging is a phase of human lifecycle that never ends, and so is getting wrinkles on the skin. But wrinkles could be ignored, or they could be lessened following the above precautions. Instead of avoiding face care, try to keep some time for face care daily to get rejuvenating skin even while getting older.