If you are a normal human being, then stress is definitely a regular part of every day in your life. We all live a life that is extremely fast paced so facing stress and some activity or the other in our everyday life needs to be looked up as a common thing. There are certain statistics that say that nearly 77% of the people end up feeling the physical after effects of stress in the form of anxiety, insomnia, headaches, muscle aches, joint pains, weight gain, and face difficulty in focusing. We need to understand one thing that we can never get rid of stress completely, it is impossible! However, learning to deal with it in a healthy manner will actually help elevate some of the worst physical symptoms that stress brings along. And one of the best ways of dealing with stress is through exercise. Read on to understand and know more about this.
Understanding how to respond to stress
When you feel stressed, what is the first thing that you do immediately? Do you have a drink or smoke? Do you Dial your best friend? Or do you pick up a fight with your partner? Sometimes, we need to let stress out in ways which can give us some temporary relief but of course there are consequences to this and you definitely don’t want to anger your spouse or your best friend, don’t you?
When one feels stressful it is very hard to think correctly and straight. But the best thing to do when you’re feeling stressed is to just take a deep breath and think about what exactly is happening in that moment calmly. You need to keep in mind that each and every person on this planet earth is different. What you are feeling right now in this moment could be entirely contrast to what someone else is feeling or might need from you. We often tend to gravitate towards things that give us instant gratification but we need to remember that it doesn’t provide a long-lasting relief from stress. Therefore we need to ensure that we have accepted a toolbox with enough options to deal with stress in the right manner. And what can help us most of the time is indulging in some physical activity that will get a body and mind out of that stressful response and it brings stress hormones back in control making our body feel better.
Sober/simple ways to handle stress less
When we do a workout a body jumps into its own rhythm and it lets your mind go and find solutions or workout problems on its own — similar to daydreaming. Love you simple solutions to destress – participate in any body or mind practice such as yoga or meditation, take a bike ride in nature, take a short walk either alone or with your friend, clean up your car, work in the backyard, try to find a rhythmic or mindless activity like raking leaves, cleaning dryers, or washing the dishes.
Exercising relieving stress
Workouts that involve strength training are all the good old cardio workouts as an ideal thing to get in the world in order to let go of your stress travels and gain them under control. The trick here is that a heartbeat gets elevated from the stress and a good workout always helps release that extra attention that a body carries and helps us feel relaxed.
- Circuit training: Here workouts are very fast and they demand you to move faster which helps our mind engage in a fruitful activity instead of worrying about all the troubles.
- Cardiovascular exercise: Trust us, it can be nothing better than a cardio workout to get yourself moving and burn those calories and allow yourself to escape the stress of life for a little while.
- Strength training: Sometimes all that we want to do is feel good and strong in our life and if you want to feel that in your current situation, the next best blessing that you could do is to make your body feel it first. Pick up those weights and show the world that you are strong enough to be self motivated and can face anything in life without taking any stress.
- Interval training: you need to go easy and then go hard and this is one of the best ways to work hard on yourself without having to sustain any chances of an injury during your workout. The little intervals of breaks 30 days between each set of exercises will help you appreciate the little joys of life.
Mind-body activities to relieve stress
Looking at cardio and strength training will help you feel perked up, however, there are certain ways that will help you suit your body and mind which will also contribute in relieving stress. Some of the mind-body activities that you could try are:
- Massage: Book an appointment for a massage and it is something that everybody looks forward to. If booking a massage outside sounds expensive to you, indulge in a massage at home either by yourself in a hot tub or just launching around by reading your favorite book.
- Laughing: there are so many health studies to talk about the benefits of laughing. It helps our body in many ways and the end result is that you feel good about yourself.
- Mindfulness: we have forgotten about paying attention to the moment that we are living in. Learning to pay attention to the present moment is one of the best ways to reduce stress.
- Meditation: finding time and developing Patience to relax it’s not everybody’s cup of tea. However, meditation is something that isn’t complicated. Simply stopping whatever you are doing and just breathing for a few minutes by laying focus on your breath can be your way of meditating.
- Yoga: Yoga is considered to be one of the most ancient practices to keep your body and mind relaxed and healthy. There are many forms of yoga and you can pick the one that suits you the best.