Muscles that are responsible for maintaining an erection may lose strength and tone over time. This leads to a condition called Erectile Dysfunction or also known as impotence. Weak muscles are not the only factor that causes erectile dysfunction. Being overweight or obese, a slower metabolism rate, cardiovascular diseases, stroke, a sedentary lifestyle, excessive consumption of alcohol and smoking, low testosterone or having any other chronic health conditions can also be the possible causes of having erectile dysfunction. Stress, depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions are some of the psychological causes that can lead to erectile dysfunction.
You need not worry about erectile dysfunction that happens once in a while. However, if it is an ongoing issue, then that can get mentally challenging for men. Most surveys have found that people with erectile dysfunction face stress, low self-esteem, depression, and face relationship problems. Most men also face insecurity when they can’t last long in bed. Erectile dysfunction is not something that cannot get treated.
There are several diagnoses and treatments available for erectile dysfunction. For people who have chronic health conditions, doctors may suggest taking tests like a physical exam, blood tests, urine test or urinalysis, or a psychological exam to check for any possible psychological problems that may be causing the erectile dysfunction. Oral medications used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction include Sildenafil, Tadalafil, Vardenafil, and Avanafil. Alprostadil self-injection, Alprostadil urethral suppository, testosterone replacement are also some of the other medications available for treating erectile dysfunction. Other than medications, penis pumps, surgery, penile implants, exercises, psychological counseling, and supplements are also alternate options for enhancing the male organ.
Bluechew supplement is one of the recent finds in the world of male enhancer supplements that has been giving its counterparts a tough competition. This supplement comes in the form of chewable tablets and dissolves faster into the body than any other viagra pills. Sildenafil and tadalafil are the two types of medications offered by Bluechew supplement. Both of them being the active ingredients in Viagra and Cialis respectively. Bluechew comes handy for several situations like aging, low testosterone, stress, psychological, or anxiety caused erectile dysfunction. To get this supplement you have to first fill out the form listed on their website that has questions regarding your health. Once you answer all of the questions, the form is sent to certified physicians who will determine if you can take the treatment or not based on your health conditions. The Bluechew supplement is available for a free trial of 30 days. It is very easy to cancel the subscription or plan and you can proceed with the buying only if you are interested. There are several subscriptions offers that you can choose from. Also, you need to worry about the quality and effectiveness of the supplement as it is made by a legit company in the US and the doctors who approve the request for treatment are experts trained by the University of Chicago Medical School.
There are also several exercises available that might help you reduce and eliminate the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. Most exercises are not focusing on a certain part of the body. These are workouts that strengthen the core and give you the desired result. Below are a few of the exercises that can help with curing erectile dysfunction.
Exercises To Cure Erectile Dysfunction
Basic Kegel Exercises
Kegel exercises focus on building and strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. The three pelvic muscles are the bladder, the sphincter muscle, and the pelvic floor muscle.
To do a basic Kegel exercise: First, hold and tighten your pelvic floor muscle. Then relax the pelvic muscle after 5 seconds. Repeat the same for 10-20 times a day. Remember to not hold your breath while doing Kegel exercises (1).
Aerobic exercises are proven to fight the symptoms of erectile dysfunction if practiced regularly (2). Some of the aerobic exercises are boxing, walking, cycling, running and swimming. You can also follow the below exercises:
- Squats – To begin with, stand straight with feet apart. Bend your knees as if you are sitting and tighten your pelvic muscles and keep your upper body straight.
- Lunges – Stand straight with the chin up. Step one leg forward with the knees bent and the foot on the ground. The other leg should be behind and be slightly bent. Engage your pelvic muscles while bending both the knees. Make sure that while one knee is directly about your foot the other knee shouldn’t touch the floor. Repeat this 10 to 15 times.
- Jumping Lunge – Beginning with a lunge position ( one leg with knees bent and foot on the ground while the other leg is behind). Jump and switch the feet position in midair. Each jump must end in a basic lunge position. Repeat this 10 to 15 times. The jumping lunge activates the pelvic floor muscle and thus helps in curing erectile dysfunction.
- Reverse Lunge – Reverse Lunge is the exact opposite of the Lunge position. In this exercise, you step in a backward position to get into the Lunge position.
- Isometric Wall Squat – With your back against the wall, stand at a one feet distance from the wall (Do not let your body touch the wall). Then, bring your back down and bend your knees to make a sitting position. Hold this position to 3 to 5 seconds while tensing the pelvic floor muscles. Repeat it 10 to 20 times a day. There is nothing to worry about if you are unable to hold on to this position for long in the initial try.
Pilates strengthens muscular and endurance movements. It improves posture, strengthens core and muscle balance.
- Pelvic Curl – Lie on your back and keep your arms by your sides with palms facing the ground. Bend your knees making a perpendicular position to the ground. Inhale while you press your arms on the floor. While you exhale, lift your tailbone off the ground. Hold this position for as long as 2-5 seconds. Repeat it 10 times.
- Leg Changes – Lie on your back with the arms beside you. Lift one leg with the knee bent parallel to the ground. Alternate both the legs by hinging at the hip.
- Chest Lift – Lie on your back with your hands resting on the back of your head. The hands should be held in such a way that it relaxes the neck. Inhale as you lift your shoulder. Slightly rotate to your left and then right. Then return back to the original position by slowly exhaling. Repeat this 10 times and take adequate rest in between. Remember to not strain your neck.
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
Lifestyle choices may often affect or worsen erectile dysfunction for many. Below are a few tips that you can inculcate in your daily life to avoid the stress and depression of erectile dysfunction.
- Quit Smoking – If you have the habit of smoking, it is better to stop it as soon as possible. You can try nicotine replacement or consult with your doctor for medications that will help you with quitting smoking.
- Stay Healthy – Obesity and being overweight can, actually, worsen erectile dysfunction. You can do workouts that help to build core muscles and stay fit.
- Stress Management – It is important to keep tensions at bay and manage your stress to deal with erectile dysfunction. You can always inculcate exercises or yoga in your daily routine that helps you stay calm and relaxed. This not only helps you in reducing stress but also helps in losing weight and increasing the blood flow.
- Avoid excessive intake of alcohol and drugs – Drinking too much and consuming drugs causes long-term health problems that will worsen erectile dysfunction.
- Sort out the relationship issues – Talk to your partner or try couple counseling if you are not able to communicate well with your partner.
Things to Remember
Whatever be the reason causing erectile dysfunction, it may become one of the most common causes of emotional stress for both you and your partner. So, keep in mind the following tips when you are facing erectile dysfunction which can be due to either physical or psychological causes.
- Do not assume you have a problem that can never be rectified – Occasional erection problems are not something that refers to your declining health or masculinity. Do not assume that you have a chronic disease and that the erection problem may occur during every future sexual encounter. Stressing upon this might cause anxiety, making the erectile dysfunction even worse.
- Talk to your partner – Never keep your condition a secret with your partner. Always talk honestly about the condition. There are chances that they might see your inability to keep the erection as a sign that you are no longer interested in them. Your assurance that it is not what they are misunderstanding might help both of you in keeping your relationship alive and thus keeping all other problems at bay.
- Don’t ignore any signs of mental health problems – Consult a doctor in case you feel there is some issue that needs to be addressed. Be it stress, anxiety, or depression, it is always good to consult a mental health provider so that you have a permanent solution to it.